END the Daily Abuses by Settlers and Israeli Military
END the Policy of Ethnic Cleansing
The people of Tel Rumeida are currently living in a Closed Military Zone. The Israeli Military controls the the lives of the people. Only Palestinian people who reside in Tel Rumeida and Internationals are permitted to enter Tel Rumeida through one of the numerous checkpoints. The military may close a checkpoint at any point. Palestinian family members and friends who do not live in Tel Rumeida are not permitted to enter. This is just the beginning of the injustices Tel Rumeidans experience every day and night...
It is time for the International Community to Speak Up and Call for Justice Now!
SUPPORT the RESISTANCE
of Palestinians living
in Tel Rumeida.
Type your paragraph here.
article from Palestinian Monitor
Visitors to Tel Rumeida, in the occupied West Bank city of Hebron, have to take a muddy, steep and narrow path that crosses Palestinian families’ backyards in the hilly neighbourhood.
They try to avoid the barbed wire and the slippery parts of the long and difficult footpath. The easiest way, a simple 2-minute walk from Bab a-Zawiya, the nearest checkpoint, is closed to non-residents.
Israeli forces declared the Tel Rumeida neighbourhood a closed military zone in November and implemented strict restrictions, following the increase in attacks against Israeli forces and settlers in the region. The new restrictions, described by the Israeli human rights organisation B’Tselem as “draconian” and a “collective punishment,” impose serious limitations on residents. read more
Join Our Campaign!
Sign up for email notifications!
Freedom Now For Tel Rumeida and Shuhada Street
Dismantle the Ghetto--Take the Settlers Out of Hebron
1. Access restrictions imposed by the Israeli authorities in H2, compounded by systematic harassment by Israeli settlers and, occasionally, by Israeli forces, have resulted in the displacement of thousands of Palestinians and the deterioration of the living conditions of those who stayed...
2. Palestinians living in the restricted areas face serious challenges in accessing basic services, including schools, emergency health services and water and sanitation...
3. The Israeli authorities justify the restrictions imposed on the Palestinian population as a means to protect the Israeli settlers...
4. There are serious gaps in the enforcement of the rule of law on Israeli settlers involved in violence and intimidation against Palestinians...
5. As the occupying power, Israel is obligated to ensure that the humanitarian needs of Palestinians living in Hebron are met and that they are able to exercise their human rights... read more
Photo by Marta Feirra - February 02, 2016
END the Closed Military Zone
END all forms of Collective Punishment
REMOVE Barriers and Checkpoints